Glazed Rum Cookies3 Reviews
“This cookie is absolutely delicious! Everyone will ask for the recipe.” - by Carole McCully
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat the butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until very creamy. Gradually add the 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, nuts and salt add to the butter mixture and beat until just blended. Stir in the rum extract. Shape cookies into 1inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies down.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes. When cool spread with Rum Glaze.
- To Make Rum Glaze: Combine the 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, milk and 1/8 teaspoon rum extract. Stir until smooth.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 163 cal
- 11 g
- 14.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I've been making this recipe for about 3 or 4 years now with one exception. Instead of making a glaze, I allow the cookies to cool then roll them in powdered sugar, only because the glaze is messy and..." See more takes too much time to apply and let cool. I can never make enough to keep on the plate!!"
"The bomb.. awesome cookie. Texture wise and taste wise. I used real rum instead of extract and topped with some walnuts..." See more"
Mother's Moon Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.