Homemade Dog Biscuits7 Reviews
“A yummy treat for Fido. Your pet will love you for these.” - by Linda Moreland
Original recipe yields 7 dozen
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Stir in the tomato juice.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, bran, grits or cornmeal, salt, garlic powder, whole wheat flour, rye flour and non-fat dry milk powder. Stir in the yeast mixture. Dough should be very stiff.
- On a lightly floured board roll dough out to 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into desired size with a knife or cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave biscuits overnight or for at least 4 hours in oven to harden.
Amount Per Serving (84 total)
- 46 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 9.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe makes a HUGE amount of doggie biscuits! I made some this Christmas for my co-workers, family and friends' dogs and saw one being devoured by my co-worker's new black Lab pup. The dough was..." See more really stiff - it actually bent one of my doggie bone cookie cutters and dried out as you worked it. I had to add more tomato juice and water after rolling out a portion of the dough, and returning to work to it. EDIT: Reviews are in! All of my co-workers' dogs loved the biscuits. One got "so crazy, she kept on getting paranoid that her treat was going to get taken from her!" Another co-worker's dog "kept on eyeing the bag on the counter and jumping up for them." Not bad for a "healthy" dog treat!"
"Dogs love these! Note- I found the dough very difficult to mix. Use your breadmachine's dough cycle!..." See more"
Menwith Hill'er Back Home !!
"I changed these a bit - eliminated the salt - dogs don't have the taste for it like people - and it's not good for them. I also used some water in place of the tomato juice - tomatoes can cause heart..." See more palpitations in certain dogs - so I'm not willing to take that chance. Thanks for the starting point though!!"
Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Biscuits
Gourmet Dog Biscuits
Just swipe to see more like this.