Pecan Pie Surprise Bars43 Reviews
“Here's your pecan pie and cookie too!” - by Glenda
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 x13 inch baking pan.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the cake mix and set aside. In a large bowl combine the remaining cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. Mix until crumbly then press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Combine the reserved 2/3 cup cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs. Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour filling over the baked crust and sprinkle with pecans.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Cool and cut into 36 bars.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 329 cal
- 13.9 g
- 50.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (43)Rate This Recipe
"Superb recipe !!! My husband's favorite pie is pecan pie, and he is also a "cookie monster". So, this recipe fills the bill twice. Very rich but absolutely delicious! Easy to make, too. Thanks for sha..." See morering such a great recipe."
"This is my husband's Grandma's recipe. She won the Pillsbury Bake Off in 1971 with this recipe and flew all of her kids to Hawaii (she and Grandpa were already there for the finals). She died in 199..." See more9 but would be tickled pink to know that so many are still enjoying the recipe!"
Pecan Pie Bars I
Pecan Pie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.