Cornmeal Cookies III12 Reviews
“Lime flavored and glazed cornmeal cookies Use lemon extract if you can't find lime.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 2 to 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease your baking sheets.
- Beat the butter and 2/3 cup sugar together until creamy. Mix in the egg and lime extract. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, salt and flour. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Dip the bottom of a glass, or similar round, flat object in the 1/4 cup sugar, and slightly flatten the balls of dough. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie bottoms are lightly browned.
- To Make Icing: Combine the lime zest, confectioners' sugar, and enough lime juice to make a spreadable glaze. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 68 cal
- 2.8 g
- 10.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"A local shop sells Lime Cornbread cookies, and I looked on All Recipes hoping to find a recipe for something similar. This recipe comes very close (it's perhaps a little sweeter). Cornmeal cookies are..." See more a refreshing change from the usual choc chip or oatmeal, and the lime makes this particular recipe very special. These cookies are great for teatime, to accompany a light meal, or to go with all the lime/chili flavors of many Mexican meals. I'm going to experiment with decreasing the sugar a bit, but otherwise, these are fantastic."
"These cookies are wonderful! The recipe sounds a bit strange, but I made them for my office & they were an absolute hit!! I can imagine that they would be a wonderful treat with fresh strawberries a..." See morefter a light fish or chicken dinner!!"
"We loved these cookies. I have baked them twice, the second time for two high school girlfriends who had come for tea. One took most home with her! I used vanilla extract instead of lime, and did n..." See moreot ice. They were buttery and crunchy and very good. Orange is another flavor I have seen cornmeal cookies associated with. I would say: Bake and enjoy!"
Cornmeal Cookies II
Crispy Butterscotch Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.