Easter Story Cookies22 Reviews
“These cookies are great to do with the kids. They are to be prepared the night before Easter. The spiritual preparation goes along with the physical preparation of the cookies.” - by Sonia
Original recipe yields 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place pecans in a resealable plastic baggie. Crush the pecans into small bits. Read John 19:1-3
- Put 1 teaspoon vinegar into a medium bowl. Read John 19:28-30
- Add egg whites to the vinegar. Read John 10:10-11
- Sprinkle salt into the egg whites. Read Luke 23:27
- So far, the mixture isn't very appetizing. Add 1cup sugar. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16. Beat with mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed. Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
- Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
- Place cookies in the oven close the door and turn the oven off. Read Matthew 27:65-66.
- Go to bed. Read John 16:20 and 22.
- In the morning open the oven and take out the cookies. Read Matthew 28:1-9.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 65 cal
- 3.2 g
- 9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"What a neat way to teach kids about Jesus! I followed the recipe except added 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract. I used a kitchen aid mixer and whipped on high for 10 minutes, then another 2 minutes an..." See mored finally another 2 minutes. I got about 28 small to medium sized beautifully white and delicate cookies! I used crushed walnuts in only half the batter. I think they tastes rather good and ate 3 myself."
"I used this recipe for the children in my Sunday School class. I have never had such participation from the children. I had parents come up and thank me. They said their children came home and told..." See more them about their lesson in class. Maggie"
"My kids loved helping to prepare these cookies and they really liked the meaning behind it and understood what Jesus did on the cross for us. I know I'll be doing this every year,and I added some rea..." See morel vanilla extract in with it so it would taste better even though you weren't suppose to about 1 teaspoon, it really took alot of that vinegar taste away."
Forgotten Party Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.