Christmas Orange Rind Cut-Out Cookies3 Reviews
“Fun to have the kids help cut out these cookies!” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 8 dozen
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Add flour mix to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream. Blend very well and add the orange zest. Wrap tightly and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Turn chilled dough out on to a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Combine the 1/3 cup white sugar and the finely chopped almonds and sprinkle over the tops of the cookies. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on rack.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 107 cal
- 5.5 g
- 13.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe has a very sticky consistancy even after refridgerating, it was more like a drop cookie consistancy. The flavor of the dough was great however this should not be called a cut-out cookie re..." See morecipe unless you plan on adding alot more flour than is called for in the recipe."
"I didn't have any oranges to zest so instead I used 2 Tbsp orange marmalade and I only had pecans so I ground them up with sugar and a bit of cinnamon and put that on top and they were incredible. The..." See more sour cream makes them super moist, but the other reviewer was right this is a drop cookie rather than a cut out because the batter is really sticky. I thought it was a great tasting treat though, thumbs up!"
Cut-Out Cookies in a Flower Pot
Just swipe to see more like this.