Pumpkin Gobs55 Reviews
“Great pumpkin flavored gobs. I've made these for church sales and everyone loves them. Also known as Whoopie Pies” - by Dawn
Original recipe yields 1 1/2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon into the pumpkin mixture. Blend until combined.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool completely then sandwich two cookies together with Vanilla Filling.
- To Make Vanilla Filling: Beat the shortening and 1 1/2 cups white sugar together for 10 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and the vanilla pudding. Beat until creamy.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 303 cal
- 14.4 g
- 42.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (55)Rate This Recipe
"I surely do not want to offend any person who has ever enjoyed this recipe, however my experience was a very negative one. The cake/ cookie part gave a way too much flower taste. The filling tasted ..." See morelike shortening (Crisco) the sugar in it was very crunchy even if we had used powered sugar the grease taste would still be there. To say the least I was totally disappointed. If I took this to my Church Social, I would be the first Presbyterian stoned to death in West Virginia."
"I don't mean to be harsh, but don't think the five star ratings I have read are accurate since the people posting used a different filling. The filling is really bad, very grainy and no flavor. I th..." See moreink using butter instead of shortening and powdered sugar would have made it ten times better. The cookie part was ok, but I have had better pumpkin cookies to. You are better off making a great pumpkin cookie recipe and filling it with a sweet cream cheese filling."
"The cookies were wondeful. The filling, however, was awful. The sugar never dissolved into the shortening (even after beating for 10 minutes) so it had a grainy texture and not a lot of flavor. Per..." See morehaps powdered sugar might work better. I ended up using a cream cheese icing to fill these and they were delicious!"
Pumpkin Cookies V
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.