Banny's Southern Cream Cookies9 Reviews
“These cookies travel and freeze well.” - by LindaK
Original recipe yields 4 to 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Cream the shortening with 2 cups of the white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and sour cream; mixing well.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into the shortening mixture to make a stiff dough. Add the chopped black walnuts.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Mix the 3 tablespoons with the ground cinnamon. Grease the bottom of a small glass. Dip it into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and gently press the cookies to flatten the balls of dough slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until centers are done.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 128 cal
- 6.4 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"Tastes a lot like snickerdoodles, with a twist. I, too, rolled them in the sugar/cinnamon mix. Very tasty, with a nice texture. (sour cream taste not apparent)..." See more"
"I like how this cookie stayed so soft, puffy, and moist. The dough is super versatile. I left out the walnuts and made small rounded teaspoon sized cookies with cinnamon on top as snickerdoodles, and ..." See morethen also baked a batch of larger rounded-Tablespoon sized cookies, which made amazing big,thick, fluffy, soft sugar cookies just perfect for icing. The kids loved these."
Sour Cream Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.