Czechoslovakian Cookies19 Reviews
“Spicy bar cookies with a nice crunch of pecans plus the sweetness of a jam filling.” - by LindaK
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch square baking dish.
- Cream the butter until soft and fluffy. Add the white sugar gradually, until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks.
- Sift the cardamom, allspice and flour together. Gradually add it to the butter mixture and stir to combine well. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon 1/2 of the dough into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with strawberry jam and cover with the remaining dough.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour or until lightly browned. Cool then cut into 1 1/2 inch sized squares.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 384 cal
- 22.8 g
- 43.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making these wonderful cookies for Christmas for the last 15 years. I use low sugar strawberry spread instead of the regular jam. Additionally, from years of trial and error I have found t..." See morehat when you divide the dough and spread the strawberry jam on top if you place it in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes it will help make putting the dough on top a whole lot easier since the cold jam will not shift around so easily. Then all you have to do is let it return to room temperature and then bake. Its one more step but its worth it. Thanks LindaK for passing on this recipe. I'm sure a lot of other families will pick it up as a tradition!"
"I made these because my husband's ancestors are Bohemian/Czech. These cookie bars are really better than I thought they would be. I didn't have strawberry jam, so I used blackberry jam. Very good!!..." See more!! ....................................... I am updating this review. I just made these with Solo apricot filling and they were awesome. I want to try with the Solo nut fillings next. I also forgot the vanilla and they were still good. Great recipe."
Jan Hagel Cookies
Half Moon Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.