Ricotta Cheese Cookies86 Reviews
“These soft Italian-style cookies are a hit with everyone. The ricotta keeps them moist, and the recipe yields a large batch, which is great since the baked cookies freeze so well. Do not freeze the unbaked dough. You can decorate them with chopped candied cherries, colored sugar or candy sprinkles.” - by LindaK
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bow, with the mixer a low speed, beat the sugar and butter until combined. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Reduce speed to medium and beat in the ricotta, vanilla and eggs.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart; onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft). With spatula, remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool, prepare icing. In small bowl, stir confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. With small spreader, spread icing on cookies; place a candied cherry piece on top of each cookie or sprinkle with colored sugar or candy sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 180 cal
- 6.5 g
- 27.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (86)Rate This Recipe
"A great recipe, but even better with some additions. I followed the other reviewers' advice, and used lemon extract instead of the vanilla. Then, I tinted the icing with yellow food coloring, and I al..." See moreso added vanilla and lemon extract (1/4 tsp each) to it. I drizzled the icing over the tops of the cookies and then sprinkled confectioner's sugar on top of the icing to pretty them up a bit. The result was a tasty cookie that was easy on the eye, and even more pleasing to the tummy! Will definitely try these again!"
"I made these cookies for Easter with a few changes and they were fabulous! I added a tablespoon of grated lemon peel to the dough and used half lemon juice instead of milk for the icing. I tinted th..." See moree icing yellow with food coloring and topped with pastel colored sprinkes. They were delicious and beautiful!!!"
Ricotta Cookies III
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.