Crunch Bar69 Reviews
“Easy to make and tastes like a Heath Bar.” - by LMDINCO
Original recipe yields 1 -10x15 inch baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on the bottom of a 10x15 inch pan that has sides.
- Boil the butter and the brown sugar together for 3 minutes. Pour evenly over the crackers. Be careful it's extremely hot and sticky.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over hot mixture. Wait a few minutes for them to melt, then spread evenly with the back of a spoon. While still hot spread finely chopped walnuts over the top. Break or cut into desired size pieces.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 253 cal
- 18.8 g
- 22.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (69)Rate This Recipe
"Well, I LOVE this recipe. I did have to make some changes in the proportions though, which is why I didn't rate it 5 stars. It takes at least 1.5 sleeves (6+ oz) of saltines to fill up that pan size...." See more Definitely use foil and spray it liberally with non-stick spray. To get the appropriate coverage, you HAVE to use 1.5 cups butter and 1.5 cups brown sugar. I've tried it with less, and you end up with crackers with very little toffee on them. I used a whole bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and probably 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, and also found that a little over a cup of finely chopped nuts was perfect. I can't imagine using more. So yes, I changed the proportions on everything....and the end result is perfection, in my mind. "
"I make this recipe every year and while it's simple and delicious, here are a few precautions: 1. Line the tray with foil to make it easier to remove the toffee 2. Don't use those chocolate chips that..." See more have been sitting around opened for months! They will not melt as well as ones that are "fresh" out of the bag! 3. Up proportions to 1.5butter:1.5sugar to make sure all crackers are properly covered!"
"I make these on a regular basis, but call them 'Skor Bars'. These are always a huge hit. One thing that is not mentioned is that your pan MUST be sprayed/greased very well, or else it all sticks. I..." See more always use the unsalted crackers and milk choco chips (gives it more of a choco bar taste), and on occasion will use the peanut butter chips, but they don't melt as well...But still taste great!!! Put into the freezer as soon as the chocolate is spread. Speeds up the breaking and tasting process. Can be kept frozen for a long time."
Toffee Crunch Cookies
Chocolate Toffee Crunch Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.