Granola Recipe Bars7 Reviews
“This recipe has won one blue ribbon and one red ribbon. They're chewy and have a wonderful flavor.” - by Deirdre Dee
Original recipe yields 1 -9 inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x9 inch square pan.
- In a mixer bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup shortening and the sugar. Beat at low speed until crumbly. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine preserves , raisins and chocolate pieces, stirring until blended. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the honey and the butter or margarine. Cook and stir until melted. Stir in the oats, coconuts, almonds and sesame seeds until blended.
- Spread the raspberry preserve mixture over the hot crust, spoon oat mixture on top, spreading evenly to edges of pan. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into bars to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 346 cal
- 16 g
- 49.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I bought several of the ingredients in this recipe just to make it because it sounded so good but after I made it I was surprised that this recipe won any awards. The crust of this bar is very bland a..." See morend the toppings just don't work together. I would not make this again."
"The flavors of this dish are amazing but the bars don't hold well together. I'm planning on using it as a topping for ice cream!..." See more"
"This was the first time I tried a recipe without reading the reviews first - what a mistake. This recipe didn't work at all. I followed all the directions precisely and when I took it out of the oven..." See more for the second time it was just a mess. Nothing held together at all. I just mixed it all up and put it back in the oven to crisp it up a bit."
Easy Granola Bars
Chewy Granola Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.