Creme de Menthe Bars36 Reviews
“his is a very easy recipe. My son won a purple ribbon (which is higher than a blue ribbon) at the county fair when he was 10 years old. This was also his first paid 'catering' job for a graduation party when he was 12 (he's married now, so that gives you a clue as to how long I've had this recipe). Great brownies with a mint flavored filling.” - by Deirdre Dee
Original recipe yields 24 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Beat the white sugar with 1 cup of the butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Then stir in the flour, salt, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Let cool then frost with Creme de Menthe Frosting. Refrigerate until set. Then spread Melted Chocolate topping over top. Let sit until set and cut into bars.
- To Make Creme De Menthe Frosting: Combine the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and creme de menthe. Mix until smooth.
- To Make Melted Chocolate Topping: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter together. Stir until smooth and spread evenly over the top of the cooled filling.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 327 cal
- 17.6 g
- 40.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (36)Rate This Recipe
"AWESOME! The first time I made these at Christmas I did it from scratch, but the next time instead of all the effort, I baked a batch of boxed brownies, and still did the topping the same. We lik..." See moreed it better! The topping is sooooo good! It will definitely become a holiday tradition at our house! Thanks for a great holiday treat!"
"Can I just say, HOLY ! These bars are awesome! I can't make them that often because they only last for about two days around here. FYI, I've also substituted Kaluha for the Creme de Menthe and it w..." See moreas heavenly."
"I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and used a box mix of brownies (double chocolate) and made the icing and chocolate topping per the instructions. WOW! This is an amazing dessert- it's moi..." See morest, decadent, and slices really easily for a pretty presentation. My creme de menthe liqueur was clear, so I added a few drops of green food coloring to make it festive. I will be making this again and again, and then again some more! Thank you so much Deirdre Dee!"
Creme de Menthe Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.