Lemon Curd Bars109 Reviews
“This bar has the two crusts as requested, and has a strong tangy lemon taste, so much better than most of the lemon bar recipes out there due to the lemon curd and added coconut!” - by THEA
Original recipe yields 40 squares
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter. Add the flour, sugar and baking soda. Mix until the mixture forms coarse crumbs
- Pat 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of one 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Spread the lemon curd over the baked layer. To the remaining 1/3 of crumb mixture add the coconut and the almonds. Sprinkle over the top of the lemon curd.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake bars for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 121 cal
- 6.3 g
- 16 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (109)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe should have baking powder, not baking soda in the bottom crust. Made many years...." See more"
"Ohhhh, so good. Hubs even liked them and he generally doesn't like lemon period...except squeezed on fish. I halved the recipe (used 8x8 pan) and used almost a full can of lemon pie filling, to which..." See more I added the juice and zest from half a lemon to freshen it up. Because I knew these would be a more delicate bar dessert, I used sliced almonds rather than chopped, and I was more than pleased with the modifications I made. Rich and buttery, refreshingly lemony, not too sweet, pretty and perfect little dessert. "
"The look of these bars was fabulous, absolutely wonderful, I wish I had a camera to submit a photo. Next time I will not add baking soda to the crust, I am telling you I am the queen of bars, and I d..." See moreon’t use baking soda at all in my crusts it makes a big diffrence. I used my own recipe for lemon curd: ( ½ cup lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest ,3 eggs, 13/4 cup sugar, 1teaspoon of corn flour, put all ingredients in the blender for 10 seconds, then cook the curd on a low heat and add ½ stick of butter boil for 5 minutes."
Lemon Pie Bars
Bake Sale Lemon Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.