Choco-Raspberry Bars20 Reviews
“Sumptuous chewy bars that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Perfect for cookie parties or pot-luck dinners.” - by Karen
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease the bottom and sides of 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl blend butter, shortening, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla together until creamed. Stir in the eggs, one at a time. Blend flour mixture into sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough mixture evenly in pan. Cover top with 8 ounces raspberry preserves. Dot remaining dough randomly over the jam.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, or until done all the way through. Cool, cut, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 530 cal
- 25.4 g
- 74.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"These are very good and easy to make! I used the dark chocolate chips and reduced-sugar raspberry jam instead, and they came out fantastic! The low-sugar preserves add a little bit of tartness to the ..." See moreotherwise-very-sweet cookie bar. Family loved it, would definitely make these again."
"Very yummy, followed the recipe with the minor exception of using butter flavored shortening since that is all I had on hand -- if I were to make again I would probably reduce the chocolate chips to a..." See more cup and a half as they took over a little bit and I would probably like to taste a little more cookie and raspberry."
"This recipe is really, really good. No changes needed - some members suggested less sugar or sugar-free preserves, but I thought everything was just right (and I don't like overpoweringly-sweet things..." See more.) Took about 8 minutes longer to cook than the recipe says, but it makes quite a few. I will make this again!"
Raspberry Meringue Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.