Frosted Chocolate Cookies4 Reviews
“This was the most requested cookie for my late grandmother to make. It is a small drop cookie; one everyone will love. Spread my grandmother's Chocolate Frosting on this delicious cookies. The recipe can be found here on CookieRecipe.com!” - by Greg Pierce
Original recipe yields 3 to 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt together.
- In the top half of a double boiler, melt the chocolate over low heat.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Slowly mix in the flour mixture and mix until well blended. Pour in melted chocolate, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix well and stir in nuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Cookies will be soft and about the size of a half dollar.
- When cooled top with Chocolate Frosting.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 80 cal
- 4.5 g
- 9.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"The cookie part tasted similar to a brownie and baked up fluffy (perhaps due to the sour cream) rather than flat. The chocolate frosting that goes with it tasted strongly of coffee, so I would sugges..." See moret decreasing the amount of coffee or tasting it as you add more. It tasted pretty good, but I'm not a huge chocolate fan. My husband said they're unique. :)"
"Thanks for sharing your grandmother receipe. They are easy to make and have a cake like texture to them...." See more"
Three Hundred Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.