Double Chocolate Crumble Bars36 Reviews
“These top-rated bars are reminiscent of rocky road candy.” - by Maryl
Original recipe yields 2 1/2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir flour mixture into the creamed egg mixture. Spread batter into the greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over top of the baked bars; bake 3 minutes more. Cool.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave on high until melted together. Cook one minute at a time, stirring after each minute.
- Stir cereal into the chocolate mixture. Spread the chocolate mixture over the cooled bars. Chill, cut into bars and refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 396 cal
- 23.6 g
- 42.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (36)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this was really good, but had to downgrade a bit since my 3 and 4 year old kids, and their 3 year old friend, would not eat them. Maybe that's because the texture is different than what the..." See more kids are used to (soft but top layer is crunchy). I picked this recipe since it has a bit of nutrition to it - peanut butter, cereal. At least that's what I told myself as I wolfed them down. Note that these bars probably would not travel well, since the top layer softens easily in warm weather."
"Made these for years, always a hit. The bottom layer is meant to be thin, this is not a cake. Also, it is very easy to overbake the bottom layer, put the marshmallows on when it isn't quite done. ..." See moreAlso, this recipe was first published in the March 1979 issue of Better Homes & Gardens."
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars III
Just swipe to see more like this.