Rum Sugar Cookies27 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 9 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Cookies that taste like eggnog! These are a perfect addition to your holiday cookie trays! Try sprinkling a little nutmeg on top of each cookie!” - by millie atchison
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Combine eggs, sugar, rum extract, almond extract, and nutmeg until well mixed. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until well blended. Divide the dough into two equal halves. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out until it is 1/8 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter cut the dough into cookies (whatever shapes you please). Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, 7 to 9 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 82 cal
- 4.1 g
- 10.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"These are fantastic! I have been making them for five or six years straight and they are always a favourite. Different from your standard sugar cookie cut out. They really, really taste like eggnog. I..." See more usually use rum extract for the cookies and real rum (piced or dark) for the icing (thinning it with rum as required). The only thing I have found is that if you want enough of these cookies to feed your family and give away, a double recipe is ESSENTIAL!!!!"
"This cookie is delicious and I didn't even follow the directions right. I still made them but just made them as drop cookies and everyone loved them. I am going to make them again only follow directio..." See morens. I love sugar cookies anyway. They truly taste like eggnog. Very good cookies."
Sugar Cookies X
Becky's Sugary Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.