Watermelon Cookie21 Reviews
“Sugar cookies that look like little slices of watermelon!!” - by Linda
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Stir in egg, milk, and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well. Add a small amount of red food coloring to color dough as desired, beating until blended. Shape dough into a ball; cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Divide dough in half; store one portion in refrigerator. Roll remaining portion to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with a 3-inch round cookie cutter; cut circle in half. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press several chocolate mini chocolate chips in each cookie. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (do not brown). Cool on wire racks.
- Make frosting: Combine powdered sugar and water, mixing until smooth. Add a small amount of green food coloring, mixing until blended. Dip round edge of each cookie in green frosting, and place cookie on wax paper until frosting is firm.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 223 cal
- 10.5 g
- 31.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies were a big hit !!! They are so cute and taste good too. Although I think next time, I might sprinkle a little bit of sugar on them before baking to give them that "sugar cookie" taste...." See more I didn't follow the directions as written. Instead, I colored 1/4 of the dough green and the rest red. I then shaped the red into a log with a flat bottom, rolled out the green and covered the red log with a thin layer of the green - then refrigerated the log. The next morning, I just sliced the cookies, added the chips and baked - very easy!"
"What a tedious cookie to make! But what awesome results! Not for people who like the easy way out. I made it even harder on myself because I didn't have mini chocolate chips so I ended up individua..." See morelly cuting the regular chips in half (insane I know)! But everyone was impressed and they taste great. I washed an empty soup can to cut out the circles and that seemed to be the perfect size baked for 8 min. Cute, cute, cute cookies!"
Sugar Cookie Drops
Cookie Press Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.