Nebraska Raisin Bars4 Reviews
“This is an OLD farm recipe from Nebraska. You can substitute your favorite nuts for the walnuts in this recipe.” - by Juanita
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch baking pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Combine raisins and water (or juice) in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in shortening.
- When the mixture has cooled to lukewarm beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in sugar; stir to blend. Beat flour mixture into the shortening mixture. Stir in the walnuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. When they have cooled cut them into bars; sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 152 cal
- 6.2 g
- 23.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These bars came out very tasty. The recipe was different but easy enough to follow. The only thing I'll do differently next time is use a smaller baking dish. I think bars will be even tastier...." See more"
Dave's Big Raisin Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.