Sweet Persimmon Fireside Cookies3 Reviews
“This recipe is a wonderful way to use persimmons. These bars are moist and fragrant with sweet spices.” - by Alex
Original recipe yields 16 bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, cake flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, and lemon rind until fluffy and smooth. Blend in egg and persimmon pulp and mix until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. When the bars are completely cool, sift confectioners' sugar over the top and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 189 cal
- 6.3 g
- 31.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"3.5 would have been my rating, and I opted for 4 instead of 3 because I don't want to discourage others from trying it. I liked the flavor, though it is mild and if I make it again I would try to jazz..." See more it up a little more, maybe with nuts, raisins and more spices. I found the dough to be thick, sticky and difficult to work with, so I may not make them again solely for that reason."
Persimmon Cookies I
Orange Drop Cookies III
Just swipe to see more like this.