Tri-Level Brownies10 Reviews
“A delightfully rich chocolate brownie with a tasty cookie crust. A great dessert with coffee.” - by Mel
Original recipe yields 16 Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 11 x 7 1/2 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together quick cooking oats, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and baking soda. Stir melted butter into dry ingredients.
- Pat evenly into the bottom of baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- For the middle layer, cream together white sugar, butter, and 1 ounce of melted unsweetened chocolate. Add the egg to this mixture and cream well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2/3 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to chocolate mixture alternately with a mixture of the milk and vanilla. Mix after each addition. Fold in the walnuts and spread evenly over baked layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes more at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ) then cool.
- For frosting, melt together 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar. Add vanilla last. Stir until frosting is smooth and pourable. Drizzle over the tops of the brownies for an elegant finish.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 284 cal
- 13.7 g
- 39.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Really good and liked the oatmeal "cookie" bottom. A new twist on the traditional brownie. Perhaps I was doing something wrong with frosting, however. Was not able to "drizzle" it as the recipe sug..." See moregests. In fact, it was so dry and crumbly I had to add milk, then just spread it on with a spatula. Still quite good and will make again."
"Okay, I only made the bottom layer and put regular brownie mix on top, but the bottom layer itself was too bland for my taste. The butter flavor overpowered the oatmeal, and it tasted like, well, butt..." See moreery oatmeal, instead of that nice caramel-y oatmeal cookie flavor I look for. I would add some cinnamon, or carmelize the brown sugar with the butter before mixing with the dry ingredients."
One Bowl Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.