Soft Apple Butter Delights7 Reviews
“This cookie has a nutty character and is also quite nutritious!” - by pamrock
Original recipe yields 10 dozen
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coffee.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground nutmeg. Gradually add this to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the apple butter and the walnuts. The dough will be sticky. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease your cookie sheets.
- Drop cookies from a teaspoon onto cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 113 cal
- 4.6 g
- 17.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was a great way to get rid of some apple butter! The batter was very soft, and my cookies were a little flatter than I had hoped, but they tasted great. I only cooked them 8 minutes as 10 was too..." See more much, and this reciped yielded 13 dozen for me. I'm not sure I would lable this as nutritious, but certainly a great snack on a fall day. Not so great in the summer--I'll freeze them for some cooler weather."
"I'm sorry but I can only give this two stars. The taste wasn't bad, but I lightly greased my cookie sheets and they still stuck like mad. Also, the cookies spread so thin they were almost like panca..." See morekes...so sad."
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.