Rum Glazed Raisin Bars4 Reviews
“An eye-catching treat. Great for special occasions or after school snacks.” - by Kathy
Original recipe yields 32 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, pour the rum over the raisins and set aside. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and mix until fluffy. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Add this alternately to the egg mixture with the milk. Mix until blended, then fold in raisins.
- Spread the batter evenly in the greased pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the raisin bars are baking, in a smaller bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of butter with the confectioners' sugar. Add the remaining rum and stir until smooth.
- When the bars come out of the oven, let them cool slightly, then spread the icing evenly over the top. Cut into 32 bars.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 75 cal
- 3.8 g
- 9.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful recipe especially if you like rum. Letting these bars sit overnight (well wrapped) brings out the rum flavor - yummy. Thanks...." See more"
"More like a cake than a bar cookie. I kept waiting for it to brown and only did around the edges. Good flavor and love the icing, but overall was disappointed. The recipe is written in such a way t..." See morehat it does not define what the icing is and what ingredients go into the bar - I could figure it out, just think it should be defined better."
Cherry Walnut Bars
Rum Raisin Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.