Banana Date Bars18 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 15 min
“A scrumptious blend of banana, dates, almonds, lemon, and vanilla will tantalize your tastebuds and it's also very nutritious.” - by bluebayou
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Gradually mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in bananas. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the sugar mixture. Finally, fold in dates and chopped almonds.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the bars are baking, You can make the lemon icing. In a small bowl, Mix together salt and confectioners sugar. Stir in soft butter, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- When bars are cool, spread the lemon icing over the top and cut into squares. Mmmm Mmmmm!
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 213 cal
- 7.3 g
- 36 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"WOW! I had overripe bananas and did not want to make bread or cookies. Found this one and it is already in the recipe book. I am eating my 4th piece now! I did make a few changes. I used extra li..." See moreght olive oil instead of butter. Reduced the sugar by 1/2cup and used 1/2 brown/white. I replaced the almonds with walnuts and added coconut. I did not ice it at all. Super yummy. I do think I will reduce the amount of sugar by another 1/2 cup next time. The dates make it plenty sweet. If I was to ice it for taking it to an event, I would definately reduce the sugar. Oh yes, I mashed the bananas. I used 3 very ripe ones."
"Wow, this tastes SO good. I love dates and bananas together and this is no exceptioin. I cut the sugar back by 1/4 cup, didn't add any almonds because I didn't have any on hand, and used dried dates a..." See mores opposed to the softer, moist ones packaged in plastic (although I'll definitely try to use those next time I make this). The end result was a moist delicious cake-like dessert that is just awesome with the lemon glaze on top. I made this on a whim and out of boredom, but I'll definitely be making this again and again in the future."
Frosted Banana Bars
Banana Oat Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.