Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti65 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A delightful combination of chocolate and orange. A perfect cookie for any occasion.” - by PEGW
Original recipe yields 10 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat in the egg and egg white, then mix in almonds and orange zest. Knead dough by hand until mixture forms a smooth ball.
- Roll the dough into a log about 10 inches long; place on the prepared cookie sheet. Press down, or roll with a rolling pin, until log is 6 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven. After baking, cool on a rack. With a serrated knife, cut into 1 inch slices. Place slices, cut side down, back onto the baking sheet.
- Return them to the oven for an additional 20 to 25 minutes; turning over half way through the baking. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave oven. Allow chocolate to cool but not harden before dipping one side of the biscotti into it. Place cookies on wire racks, chocolate side up, until cool and dry.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 184 cal
- 6.8 g
- 27.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (65)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe would have gotten a much higher rating from me if it was accurate. It is clear, however, from the amount of flour, that it is not. One cup is barely enough to turn the one and a half egg..." See mores into a batter, much less a dough. I actually believe that this must be a typo, and that you need to use 2 cups. After adding an extra cup of flour, this recipe became a kneadable dough, and came out exactly as I would expect biscotti to come out, as a firm, dense cookie, and not-too-sweet taste. If I could, I'd mark four stars for taste, one star for inaccuracy."
"delicious biscotti! after reading all the reviews, i modified the recipe slightly. i added ~1/2 C more flour, a little more sugar and baking powder, 1 t orange extract, and 2 T oil. it was so easy ..." See moreto make- i can't wait to make it again! next time though, i'd make them a little smaller, so we get more cookies."
Best Toffee Ever - Super Easy
Almond Flour Waffles
Just swipe to see more like this.