Mussels Mariniere33 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“A wonderful mussel sauce served over a bed of noodles.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Scrub mussels and pull off beards, cutting them at the base with a paring knife. Discard those that do not close when you handle them and any with broken shells.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet place 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, onion, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, thyme and wine. Bring to a boil and lower heat; cook for 2 minutes. Add mussels; cover and cook just until they open, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Divide pasta into 4 bowls and spoon mussels over noodles.
- Strain mussel liquid, and return to pot. Add remaining butter or margarine and heat until it melts. Pour over mussels and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 699 cal
- 12.7 g
- 91.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was prepared in less than half an hour and was BETTER than that italian restaurant chain that I love so much!! Excellent receipe. If you love mussels, you will love this...." See more"
"This recipe was amazing! I was a little nervous about making mussels as I'd never made them before, but this recipe was so easy. I bought live mussels that were already debearded. My boyfriend is from..." See more Cape Breton NS and had lots of good advice for making mussels. Soak them in fresh water for a half hour and they'll filter out most of the sand. Throw out any mussels that don't close up tight after being soaked, and after steaming, throw out any that don't open. This made a great romantic Valentine's Day meal with a few glasses of wine and some French bread!"
Patti's Mussels a la Mariniere
Steamed Mussels I
Just swipe to see more like this.