Red Pepper-Salmon Pasta129 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Baked salmon served with a red pepper sauce over angel hair pasta.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In an 8 inch baking dish, arrange filets in a single layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Tightly cover dish with foil. Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Cook until fish is opaque, but still moist looking in thickest part, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, smoothly puree red peppers, parmesan, cornstarch, chili, and garlic. Add cilantro and chicken broth; whirl to blend.
- Pour pepper mixture into a 10 inch frying pan. Stir over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to keep warm.
- Cook pasta in 3 quarts boiling water until tender to bite, about 7 minutes. Drain, and return to pan.
- Stir juices from the baked salmon into red pepper sauce. Mix 1 1/2 cups sauce with pasta. Spoon pasta onto plates. Top with fish, and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 424 cal
- 15.9 g
- 37 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (129)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe. I didn't have red peppers to roast so I used yellow. I am sure that didn't affect the taste and the yellow and green were very pretty together. Will definately make again and even withou..." See moret salmon the sauce is going to be great on pasta. Late note! I have used this sauce on shrimp that were sauteed prior to adding to the sauce and also on chicken cubes that were sauteed either is terrific. I am not rating the recipe based on changes that deviate from the original because it makes me angry to see that people say I love this recipe but I changed this or that. If they changed it then they didn't use the recipe."
"Like others, I think that two modifications take this from 4 to 5 stars. First, the portions are too small-- this applies especially to the sauce. Second, whisk some heavy cream in the sauce after i..." See moret's been reduced and is taken off the stove. Add a tablespoon or two per person. The dish really is fantastic, and you should expect rave reviews!"
"Wow...this is wonderful and like others have said, it looks and tastes like a restaurant dish. The only change I made (other than cooking the salmon on my George Forman grill) was to add about 1/4 cup..." See more of fat-free half and half. I'll be making this to serve with pasta even when I'm not serving salmon. Thanks so much!"
Angel Shrimp Pasta
Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.