Chicken and Cold Noodles with Spicy Sauce7 Reviews
“This is a good summertime meal, and can be made ahead.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, bring 6 cups water to boil. Add chicken breast, and return to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes. Remove meat from broth, and set aside to cool.
- Bring broth to boil again, and add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain, reserving broth for another use if desired. Rinse noodles under cold running water until chilled. Drain again, and transfer to serving bowl. Toss lightly with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Cut or pull chicken meat into fine shreds, discarding skin and bones. Set aside.
- Combine tahini and 3 tablespoons water, stirring to blend. Add chili oil, soy sauce, vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, peanut oil ,and garlic. Mix well.
- Arrange the chicken on top of noodles in serving dish. Spoon sauce over all.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 542 cal
- 35.6 g
- 37.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Outstanding...it was all gone; I made a double portion to share with friends. I had no peanut oil or tahini so I used canola oil and peanut butter. I used the flat 'linguine' type Chinese noodles. It ..." See morecan be heated if you prefer it that way...."
"Okay this was great, but I had to make alot of substitutions. My tahini was a little dried out so I used peanut butter. I used udon noodles, and chili sauce instead of chili oil (1/4 t is all you need..." See more, it's hot!). Minor changes, but I LOVED the end result."
"This was a HIT with my family, including the 2 year old. I made some changes - doubled it all, seved warm, used whole wheat penne pasta, and blanched 1 bunch of bok choi leaves and steams (sliced sma..." See morell) for 2 minutes in the reserve liquid and added it to the mix. In addition, I just mixed everything together rather than putting the chicken on top of the pasta. It went great with roasted asparagus"
Spicy Chicken and Spelt Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.