Pasta Salad with Tuna and Broccoli3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This pasta salad is a little different: the dressing is made with olive oil and anchovies. This is a good, light meal for the summer.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil; use this water to blanch the broccoli and cook the pasta. Blanch broccoli in boiling water. When it is al dente, transfer broccoli to a bowl of ice water. Drain thoroughly.
- Cook penne in salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain. Rinse under cold running water until completely cooled, and then drain completely.
- Meanwhile, place tuna in a skillet with water, white wine, and lemon juice. Cover, and cook until done. Break fish into chunks.
- Combine broccoli, penne, fish, tomatoes, cheese, olives, walnuts, garlic, and parsley in a large serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil in small pan over low heat. Cut anchovy fillets into small pieces, add to the olive oil, and mash with a fork until they dissolve. Do not let oil get too hot. Pour oil-anchovy mixture over salad. Toss, and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 906 cal
- 49.3 g
- 66.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is fabulous! I used canned tuna in olive oil instead of albacore because i do not have it here in Prague. It goes down great with a glass of white wine. What a wonderful, light, highly refreshin..." See moreg recipe. thanks Christine :o)"
"Easy and quick to prepare. Tastes better chilled and served over your favorite lettuce...." See more"
Asian Pasta Salad with Beef, Broccoli and Bean Sprouts
Crab Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.