Cafeteria Macaroni and Cheese209 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is an old-fashioned comfort food recipe.” - by Karena
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Stir 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and 3 cups cheese into the drained macaroni. Pour the hot milk mixture over the cheese and macaroni. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter, and spread over the top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, and then place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 544 cal
- 31.4 g
- 39.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (209)Rate This Recipe
"The people who had trouble with this recipe definitely didn't make it correctly. Eight ounces of macaroni means one-half pound, not one cup. I mixed the cheese into the milk before adding it to the ..." See moremacaroni. I also used seasoned croutons in place of bread crumbs and added some bacon bits to the topping mixture. All in all, a very good recipe."
"WOW!!! This was excellent. Try using extra sharp or sharp cheddar cheese. I added about 4 oz of processed cheese (velveeta type) and about 1/2 cup sour cream just to make it even creamier. You won't..." See more taste the sour cream. Great without the breadcrumbs too. Nice comfort food. And even easier to make if you just mix everything together, then add the macaroni and mix well. This insures every piece of pasta is covered."
"This is NOT your Kraft shells and cheese or boxed macaroni. This recipe a typical southern style baked macaroni - chewy and creamy. Family members fight over the corner pieces. I weigh my pasta rath..." See moreer than measure and the recipe has turned out perfectly every time - everyone in the family loves this dish."
Blender Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese I
Just swipe to see more like this.