Seafood Lasagna I37 Reviews
“It took a long time to perfect this recipe. I wanted this to be creamy and elegant, and it is. Try it with a fresh spinach salad.” - by Karena
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Saute onion in the butter or margarine. Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, basil, salt, pepper, egg, and sauteed onion. Set aside.
- Combine the mushroom soup, milk, and garlic. Stir in the white wine , bay scallops, flounder fillets, and shrimp. Set aside.
- Assemble ingredients in a greased lasagna pan as follows: a thin layer of seafood sauce, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 seafood mixture, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, 1/5 noodles, 1/2 seafood mixture, and remaining noodles. Place mozzarella cheese and Parmesan on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 720 cal
- 31 g
- 68.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"I made quite a few changes and this was delicious! Used Ricotta instead of cottage cheese, Added 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella to each layer, substituted equal amount of bread dipping spices for basi..." See morel. Substituted 1 can of cream of shrimp soup for 1 of the cans of cream of mushroom. ***Also a big tip is to make sure your seafood is dry, especially scallops. I rinse all my seafood and put it in a plastic strainer over a larger bowl, covered in fridge for a few hours. Wet scallops will water down a dish like this! Make sure scallops are dry-packed. I also added a lot more parmesan cheese. Will make again!"
"This may have been the best dish I've ever prepared. Following the advice of others, I cut down on the milk & wine and I used ricotta cheese. I also used tilapia instead of flounder. It was absolut..." See moreely delicious, and I'm not even a big seafood fan. The only problem I had was the top layer of lasagna was crispy and the cheese was too well done. Next time, I'll end with the seafood layer and add the cheese a half hour before the lasagna is done. Thank you so much, Karena."
"I felt this recipe was very sound. I did change some ingredients to suit my tastes like ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I added some mushrrom and broccoli and chose different seafood. However al..." See morel in all the foundation of of this recipe is what counts and it was very good."
Seafood Lasagna II
Broccoli and Carrot Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.