Linguini with Broccoli and Red Peppers80 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“This is a wonderful side dish, but on many occasions we make this our whole meal, along with a salad and bread!” - by Chris Catley
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Steam broccoli with 2 tablespoons water in microwave for 6-7 minutes.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil and butter over low heat. Stir in garlic (more or less to suit your tastes) and red pepper slices; saute gently.
- Drain broccoli and add to skillet. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and saute broccoli and peppers until soft.
- Toss vegetable mixture with hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 393 cal
- 11.2 g
- 60.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (80)Rate This Recipe
"Great dish! I made it lowfat by omitting the butter and using less oil. I would also recommend either doubling the veggies, or cutting the pasta amount in half. The second time I made this, I added 1/..." See more2 cup thinly sliced red onion to the peppers, and it made a difference in the flavor! Timesaver tip: add the broccoli to the boiling pasta for 3-4 minutes, then scoop out and add to the red peppers. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Read through a lot of the reviews and suggestions and also made a few modifications and it was excellent: No butter, only olive oil, for sauteeing. One red bell pepper, one green bell pepper, thre..." See moree diced fresh tomatoes, ten oil cured black olives (when we couldn't find any anchovies), and three heaping soup spoons of diced fresh garlic from the Sams Club jumbo container. Also a teaspoon and a half of salt Strongly considered adding some red pepper flakes or salsa, but were afraid to push the envelope too much... Instead of linguini, we used penne pasta, and it turned out as good as any Whole Foods pasta salad, delicious warm and room temperature."
"I'm sorry but this was BORING! Others have stated to increase the oil/butter to equally spread over the lb of noodles, which is what I did but I would think that 1/2 cup of chicken broth or white wine..." See more would have been a much better option. It wasn't that it tasted bad but basically, this meal was just butter, oil, noodles and broccoli. I think it put my tatse buds to sleep. Thanks anyways."
Red Bean Salad with Feta and Peppers
Broccoli Salad with Red Grapes, Bacon, and Sunflower Seeds
Just swipe to see more like this.