Hearty Vegetable Lasagna418 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This hearty, vegetable lasagna is the only lasagna my husband will eat. We love it!!! Hope you all enjoy as much as we do.” - by Sue
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 462 cal
- 19.5 g
- 49.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (418)Rate This Recipe
"Finally! A veggie lasagna I like. I added thawed and drained frozen spinach to the ricotta mixture (what is lasagna without spinach?), and I also followed other suggestions and added about 3/4 cup ea..." See morech of finally chopped carrot, broccoli, and zucchini. It was great. This recipe has become my mainstay for veggie lasagna. Thanks!"
"I love the basic concept of this recipe, but did make a few changes. I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Also, I loaded up on additional veggies such as chopped spinach as well as shredded zu..." See morecchini, yellow squash, and carrots. Instead of making one large tray, I divided into 10 small bread pans for individual portions and froze half of them for later quick meals. L-o-v-e-d this...."
"This was excellent! I was VERY skeptical when I was making this because my family are total carnivores but honestly we didnt miss the meat at all. I read a lot of the reviews and made the following mo..." See moredifications: I used 1/2 a box of lasagna noodles. I reduced the mushrooms from 1 pound to 8 oz,in addition to the green bell pepper I added 1 large carrot shredded, and 1 medium sized zucchini chopped. I sauteed all of this & added 1.5 jars of spaghetti sauce (which I doctored up w/ season salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar & fresh basil etc to taste.) I layered like this: sauce in the bottom of pan, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture -- which I added dry parseley to (approximately 1/2 tablespoon) and then I did a light layer of fresh chopped spinach and then the suace mixture and I repeated that. I topped mine w/ mozzarella instead of parmesan. It was really good. My changes SEEM like a lot but they are really small nuances that I added so my family would love. They didnt even realize the amount of veggies they were eating. Everyone loved it. I made meatballs on the side for an extra but didnt even need them."
Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
Buffalo Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.