Black Pepper Angel Hair Pasta with Smoked Salmon3 Reviews
“Dill weed is featured prominently in this recipe, and the herb marries well with the smoked salmon.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large saucepan, reduce 4 cups heavy cream at a gentle simmer until it is half its original volume.
- Meanwhile, in a smaller pot, combine clam juice, wine, garlic, peppercorns, salt, 2 tablespoons dill, and vinegar. Reduce at a rolling boil to half its original volume. Strain, and dispose of garlic and peppercorns. Add wine reduction to reduced cream. Reserve.
- With an electric mixer, whip 1 cup cream to medium peaks. Add sour cream, and whip until blended.
- In boiling, lightly salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and cool by running cold water through it to halt cooking.
- In a 10 to 12 inch saute pan, heat cream/wine sauce to boil, then whisk in parmesan until well blended. Sauce will continue to reduce quickly. Add cooked pasta to sauce, and toss to coat evenly. Divide between 4 dishes, topping each with 2 ounces smoked salmon, a dollop whipped sour cream mixture, and a sprig of dill.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 831 cal
- 66 g
- 38.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"The garlic, dill and Salmon made this one a hit with me. I used whole milk instead of cream. Wonderful recipe. ..." See more"
"This was a real time taker - to reduce the whipping cream and the wine sauce to 1/2 it's original amount. I would do a regular white sauce and add the salmon to it. It turned out delicious, but a re..." See moregular white sauce takes no time at all and is just as good if not better. "
Salmon With Dijon Butter Sauce, Asparagus and Herb Butter Angel Hair Pasta
Smoked Salmon Pesto Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.