Spaghetti Pie II289 Reviews
“An easy baked pasta dish. Great for potluck dinners. Freezes well.” - by Jennifer Meakings
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook and drain spaghetti. Stir in margarine, parmesan cheese and eggs, while spaghetti is hot. Form spaghetti mixture into a crust in a buttered 10 inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic. Drain off the fat and stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and oregano. Heat through.
- Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti crust then pour in the beef and tomato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie then bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 488 cal
- 26.1 g
- 32.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (289)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for my coworkers, who all raved. I used ricotta cheese instead of cottage, and I think I liked it better that way. Plus, I made too much spaghetti, so I layered it in a 13 x 9 pan instead ..." See moreof a pie pan, and it worked great."
"YUM! This recipe ROCKS! I've been making a very similar version of this one for at least 30 years now. It's such a unique twist on a way to use up spaghetti. It always comes out tasting great and as f..." See moreor presentation, well let's just say it gets lots of "OOhs & Aahs"... Especially when you serve it to someone who's not heard of it before. I would strongly suggest cooking it in the 10 inch glass pyrex pie plate rather than changing it up to a 9 x 13 baking pan. This was the original way it was intended and though I have tried it both ways, I think the "Pie" version makes for a better presentation. Add this one to your archives; I doubt you'll be disappointed."
"I made this for dinner last night and it was great! Of course, I changed it a little. Instead of spaghetti noodles, I used angel hair pasta and made it in a 9x13 pan. I don't like the texture of cotta..." See morege cheese, and didn't have any ricotta, so I put the cottage cheese in a food processor and mixed it with some dried basil, garlic powder and a pinch of salt until it was smooth. I used frozen cocktail meatballs instead of ground beef and a jar of Ragu. I cooked it for about 35 minutes. Everyone enjoyed it and it was very simple!!"
Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
Jenn's Out Of This World Spaghetti and Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.