Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini139 Reviews
“This is a very savory casserole! If you would like to add a even greater and a smoker taste try using smoked chicken or turkey.” - by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, add oil and salt to cooking water. Drain.
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add soup, broth, seasoned salt and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Cook and stir until cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Add spaghetti and chicken or turkey. Mix well. Transfer to 2-quart baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups. cheese. Continue baking 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley and bell pepper.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 589 cal
- 31.4 g
- 38.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (139)Rate This Recipe
"An absolutely delicious way to use leftover turkey or chicken! I made the Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from this site (wonderful recipe!). After reading all of the reviews for this tetrazzini, this is ..." See morewhat I did, and recommend: use any kind of pasta; increase butter amount to 3 tablespoons, increase onion to ½ cup, increase garlic to two cloves, use any comibination of cream soups--I used 1 can mushroom and 1 can chicken, add 1 soup can of milk, use any type of shredded cheese or shredded cheese blend. I actually put 2 cups of the cheese into the casserole. A deep-sided 13 X 9 baking dish worked perfectly (spray with non-stick coating first). Here is what I did for the topping: after baking the foil-covered dish for 30 minutes, I sprinkled the remaining 1 cup of cheese, a handful of grated Parmesan, and some crumbled buttery crackers over the top. The dish was returned to the oven uncovered for another 10 minutes. What a delight!"
"I'm glad I read the reviews first because I did take a few peoples advice before cooking.First off I changed the spagetti to 1 pkg egg noodles,3 Tbls. garlic, 2 Tbls.veg. oil,Monteray Jack instead of ..." See moreAmerican cheese.(Where can you find shredded American cheese anyway?I couldn't).Then I added 1/2 pkg. of mushrooms to the garlic and onions sauteed and 1 1/2 cups of milk.The milk is the trick.It will keep it from drying out when reheating.Enjoy."
"Dinner was super yummy. I exchanged the spaghetti with egg noodles and I sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, green pepper and pimentos (in a small amt of chicken broth) I cut out the butter and the oi..." See morel. I also went from 3 cups of cheese down to one cup which was plenty. When I mixed the soup, broth etc-- I did add 1 cup of milk. We sprinkled the top lightly with parmesan cheese!! It was very creamy and delicious!! I will definitely make this again! Thanks so much for a great start!!"
Chicken Tetrazzini for a Crowd
Turkey Tetrazzini II
Just swipe to see more like this.