Fresh Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Lasagna44 Reviews
“This lasagna uses fresh spinach, plum tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and a white sauce. Try it when you want a truly unique lasagna. Sourdough or French bread would be a great accompaniment.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook lasagna in boiling salted water in a large pot until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat one half tablespoon of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrots, stir and cook until onions have softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook until the mushrooms have released their liquid, 2 or 3 minutes. Add wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in chopped tomatoes(include liquid), sun-dried tomatoes, and thyme. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the white sauce, heat remaining oil in a heavy pan over low heat. Add flour, whisk constantly until the flour begins to turn a light brown. Remove pan from heat and whisk in cream. Season with nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble, spread 1/2 cup of the mushroom sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish, add one layer of noodles, then another 1/2 cup of mushroom sauce. Arrange a single layer of the fresh spinach leaves over the sauce and drizzle them with 1/3 cup of the white sauce. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the grated Parmesan cheese over the spinach and top with another layer of the noodles. Repeat 5 times.
- In a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven bake for 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 655 cal
- 40.1 g
- 56.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"As a personal chef, this is a client favorite. And I've gotten some clients on diets approval by replacing half the flour w/ whole wheat flour & replacing the heavy cream w/ part half & half and part ..." See moreskim milk. I also used whole wheat lasagna noodles for special clients."
"I brought this to a big party and it was a big hit! One suggestion: Let the cream mixture thicken a bit before removing it from the heat. Otherwise, it's very runny...." See more"
Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
Quick Creamy Spinach and Tomato Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.