Cold Szechuan Noodles and Shredded Vegetables32 Reviews
“This is from a healthy cooking class. The beauty of this salad is that it will wait for you. It makes such a pretty dish on the table. The Soba buckwheat noodles are worth a trip to the Asian grocery store. Serve with salad tongs and try adding a horizontally sliced scallion for a eye catching garnish.” - by Juanita Peek
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large stockpot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with cool water; drain well.
- In a small bowl mix together 3 tablespoons tamari sauce, 3 tablespoons sesame oil, vinegar, sugar and Chili oil.
- Using tongs, toss noodles with sauce to coat well. Marinate in a covered bowl for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Bring marinated noodles to room temperature. Mix the remaining 1Tablespoon each of tamari and oil and pour over the noodles. Three hours before serving stir in sweet red peppers, two thirds of the green onions, and half of the grated carrots.
- To serve, mound the noodles on a serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining green onions and carrots.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 277 cal
- 7.6 g
- 47.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"I think its SooOoO important that everyone follows the recipe. If you substitute the main ingredient in this recipe which is the SOBA noodles with reg. Spaghetti noodles, you are making a totally diff..." See more. dish. I think people should follow the recipe the 1st time around and tweak if they wish the second time around. Its not fair to the person submitting the recipe to get low ranks if you dont follow their recipe.Specially like using a completly different noodles. Soba is a gray buckwheat noodle that has a very different taste then rice noodles or reg spagehtti noodles."
"In a word: yum! This is an excellent recipe. I love soba noodles, and here their wonderful flavor and texture is enhanced by the delicious marinade. Carrots and red bell peppers add crunch, and the gr..." See moreeen onions are the perfect finishing touch. I made a batch of this salad last Sunday and took it to school with me for lunch four days in a row, and as the week went on, the flavors melded further and became even richer and tastier. Not only is this delicious, it's quite healthy, too. An all-around winner... I will definitely make this again."
Warm Buckwheat Noodles with Scallops in Tomato-Pepper Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.