Easy Spinach Lasagna with White Sauce158 Reviews
“Lasagna for the family who does not tolerate cooked tomatoes. The uncooked lasagna noodles make this recipe easy and fast. For non-vegetarians try adding a pound of sauteed hot Italian sausage. Simply delicious!” - by Juanita Peek
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10x15 inch lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Place the spinach in a medium bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Mix in ricotta. Beat the egg with a wire whisk, and add it to the spinach and ricotta. Stir well to blend.
- Combine pasta sauce with milk in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup pasta sauce mixture evenly in the bottom of the dish. Place 3 uncooked noodles over the sauce. Spread half of the spinach mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with half of the carrots and half of the mushrooms. Place 3 more noodles over the vegetable mixture. Pour 1 1/2 cups sauce over the noodles. Spread the remaining spinach mixture over the sauce, followed by layers of the remaining carrots and mushrooms. Place 3 more noodles over the vegetables. Pour remaining sauce evenly on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, spray side down.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover, and spoon some sauce over the exposed top noodles. Turn the oven off, and place the uncovered dish back into the warm oven for 15 more minutes. Serve at once, or let rest until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 492 cal
- 33.7 g
- 31.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (158)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was a good base, but some variations make it excellent. First, I used mushrooms and onions and carotts. I sauteed with garlic before adding to lasagna. I also put a layer of mozzarella ..." See morein the middle as well as on top. Finally, I sprinkled some garlic bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on top. This made the lasagna crispy and cheesey on top. I made this for a wedding shower and it was a big hit - even with non-vegetarians. Also, this can be made a day in advance and then baked right before serving."
"I have been making this lasagna recipe for about 4 years. Every person I make it for asks me for the recipe or asks me to make it again and again. Over the years I have played around with the ingredi..." See moreents, which is another reason I love the recipe. You can add your favorite veggies or change the sauce and it always comes out great. One time I even added chicken for a chicken lover. I found a couple short-cuts to make it quicker to prepare: Leaving the water in the spinach works fine. Slicing the mushrooms with an egg slicer is very quick! The only permanent change I have made to the recipe is the sauce. I use one 16-oz jar of Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo and it's delicious in the recipe! "
"Simple and delicious! My husband doesn't like tomato sauce, so this was the perfect lasagna for us. I had read the reviews and made a couple of alterations. I used Buitoni refrigerated alfredo sauc..." See moree because there was some criticism of jarred sauce. And I substituted sundried tomatoes for the carrots- would highly recommend this as they really added to the flavor of the dish. I used 2 cups of mozzarella- on top of each veggie layer and again on top. I squeezed the spinach dry after microwaving (which I think is implied in the recipe, but not explictly stated), used no-boil lasagna noodles (no problem with them turning out too crunchy) and didn't use the added milk. It was a little too runny when I checked it after 60 minutes, so I continued to cook it uncovered for the final 15 minutes. Highly recommend- it's going in my permanent file!"
Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
Fabulous Foolproof Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.