My Own Macaroni and Cheese3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I am one of those people who never follows the recipe, so this recipe is great as it lends itself to that very well. It's also a great dish to throw in all the left over meat and veggies that you may have. Generally I add ingredients until it tastes good.” - by JOBOS12
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In large pot, cook macaroni pasta in boiling salted water with a pinch of basil and one teaspoon of olive oil until al dente. Rinse with cool water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, use a blender to mash the whole peeled tomatoes. In a large bowl combine mashed tomatoes, 1 cup of the grated Cheddar cheese, chopped bacon and bell green pepper, bacon, and chopped carrots. Mix well. Add the cooked macaroni and toss well to coat evenly.
- Place in 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese and 2 teaspoons basil on top. Layer the sliced tomatoes over all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 766 cal
- 29 g
- 94.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Icky...." See more"
"Made this recipe and didn't really like it. I found the sauce didn't stick to the pasta which is what I generally like to see happen. I did add more bacon and more cheese. Don't think I'll be makin..." See moreg this one again."
Danny's Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese III
Just swipe to see more like this.