Stuffed Shells II39 Reviews
“Jumbo shells stuffed with a mixture of meat and cheese.” - by Susan T.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook shell pasta in a large pot with boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and onions. Drain grease.
- In a large bowl add the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, and cottage cheese; stir well. Add basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir until well blended.
- In the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish, cover with a half of cup of tomato sauce mixture. Stuff shells with beef mixture and place side by side in dish. Cover stuffed shells with remaining tomato sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for an hour. Allow to stand for 15 minutes and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 584 cal
- 22.2 g
- 55.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (39)Rate This Recipe
"I have to say this recipe was absolutely wonderful! I have only made stuffed shells maybe 3 or 4 times, and always just used spaghetti sauce. Because I have never like can tomatoes in anything I made,..." See more they always seem to overpower a dish, and all I taste is tomato. But this blew me away, oh so good! The only thing is I had half the sauce left over, could of easily used another box of shells. This was absolutely delish!"
"I loved this recipe. I did add some parmesan cheese to the meat mixture. I also added extra basil and garlic...." See more"
Baked Ziti III
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.