Easy Lasagna I280 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“A super easy and fast beef lasagna recipe. It is made with a prepared sauce, and requires no boiling of the noodles.” - by Susan
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef until brown. Add mushrooms and onions; saute until onions are transparent. Stir in pasta sauce, and heat through.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Layer with uncooked lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and top with remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 702 cal
- 30.3 g
- 62.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (280)Rate This Recipe
"I have always made my lasagne without cooking the noodles first. **I do not buy the no-cook noodles, I use the regular ones and it always turns out great!*** The important thing is to make sure all th..." See moree noodles are covered with sauce. You can actually add quite a bit of water to the sauce to make sure everything is covered & it still turns out great. I have sometimes just added water to the baking pan after layering to ensure everything is covered - have never been disappointed with the results. - ALSO - this is not something you can make ahead & bake later as the noodles will turn to mush if they sit in the liquid too long before cooking."
"Great recipe! Awesome flavor and super easy. One suggestion though. When you mix the cheeses together you can't taste the different flavors of them! I like to mix eggs and cottage cheese, then when do..." See moreing the layers, I put cottage cheese first then chunks of Ricotta topped with the mozzarella. Then when it calls to add the last of the mozzarella for the last 15 min., I mix the Parmesan with it. It makes the top a little crustier but it also helps to seal in the juices so they don't spill over the side! My husband and daughter love it!!"
"Good taste, and definitely easy, but there was too much of the cheese mixture for the meat sauce. I had to use half of a second 28-ounce jar of spaghetti sauce to put on top of the second cheese laye..." See morer. Also, the mozarella cheese layer inside the lasagna is completely unnecessary. It's fine on top, but it adds too many calories for too little flavor, making it simply not worth it as a layer inside the lasagna. You'd be much better off with a layer of parmesan reggiano, romano, or feta cheese - these pack in tons of flavor! I also added garlic powder and Italian seasoning blend to my meat sauce - every pasta dish I make needs garlic! Finally, the top layer of noodles didn't cook too well - they came out rather hard."
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.