Black Bean Lasagna I49 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A yummy meatless pasta dish.” - by RED_DOC
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a bowl, blend the ricotta cheese and egg, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Mash 1 can of black beans. Stir mashed black beans, whole black beans, and tomato sauce into skillet, and cook until heated through.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, and layer with 1/3 each of the ricotta mixture, black bean mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat twice.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 399 cal
- 11.8 g
- 47.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"I'm one of the few who did NOT find this recipe bland, however, I did make a few alterations - used cottage cheese instead of the ricotta. Added basil & oregano to the cheese. In addition to the shred..." See moreded mozzarella I also used a little shredded cheddar & monterey jack. Would probably be good with added corn, too. My husband loved it, and my toddler ate a little bit of it."
"Awesome vegetarian dish, and I'm a meat eater! I accidentally bought one can of black bean soup and one can of regular, and it still came out wonderfully. I also added some oregano, basil and garlic..." See more powder (I was out of minced garlic) to the cheese mixture, and the spices were subtle but tasty. I think if you add spices, this dish is great."
"This lasagne is EXCELLENT. I live in a dorm and find that the leftovers are as good, if not better than the first meal! I add cumin and chili powder to the sauce as well as extra onion and green pep..." See moreper to give it a southwestern flair. I highly recommend this as a great alternative to standard lasagne!"
Vegan Black Bean Soup
Cheesy Black Bean Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.