Layered Casserole20 Reviews
“The taste will remind you of beef stroganoff with the added flavor of tomato sauce. Must be made a day ahead of serving, or may be frozen. Use your choice of pasta shapes!” - by Jo
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain well.
- In a greased 13x9 inch casserole dish layer the cooked and drained pasta noodles on the bottom.
- In a medium size bowl combine the sour cream, cream cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions. Spread mixture over cooked pasta in baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, tomato sauce, and cooked ground beef. Layer this on top of the sour cream mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle with additional shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Refrigerate casserole overnight. Remove from refrigerator one hour before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- If freezing casserole, allow to come to room temperature for one hour before baking.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 466 cal
- 33 g
- 20.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"This was really good! I had read others suggestions and heres what I did. I used more cheddar cheese on both the bottom and the top, I used a large can of spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce..." See more and I put a layer of sliced olives on top of the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. The result was so yummy! I do admit though that leftovers are even BETTER so I think next time I will cook it the day before I want to serve it, then put it in the fridge and reheat it the following day. Pure comfort food that you and your family will love."
"The hubby & I thought this was great. I had some fresh pasta to use up so I decided to make this. I sprinkled more cheese on top than what it called for and used half a tablespoon of sugar. I also u..." See moresed Chive & Onion cream cheese. Yummy!"
Layered Vegetable Enchilada Casserole
Fast and Easy Hamburger Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.