Spaghetti Sauce with Meat2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“A meaty, full-bodied spaghetti sauce with meatballs. Enough to feed a crowd for a casual get together! Good crusty Italian bread compliments this dish.” - by PETEIYC
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Italian sausage, beef chunks, sausage links, onion, and garlic: cook and stir until meat is thoroughly done. Stir in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, and cinnamon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer sauce over low heat for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck beef, eggs, bread, Romano cheese, salt and pepper, and a pinch of parsley flakes. Shape into golf ball size meatballs.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet. Add meatballs, and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Place meatballs in spaghetti sauce, and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain well, and transfer to a large bowl. Stir 1 cup sauce into the noodles to help prevent sticking.
- Serve sauce with meatballs over pasta.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 994 cal
- 46.6 g
- 94.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Mariu's Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Kay's Spaghetti and Lasagna Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.