Monterey Spaghetti92 Reviews
“Using a slow cooker makes this recipe easy to prepare. Healthy and wholesome, too!” - by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix together the sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, and minced garlic. After beating the egg in a small bowl, transfer to the large bowl and blend together. Transfer to a greased slow cooker.
- Mix cooked and drained spaghetti, 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, thawed spinach, and half of the French fried onions to the slow cooker. Stir contents of slow cooker until just blended.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- In last 30 minutes of cooking, turn to high if cooking on low and add remainder of grated Monterey Jack cheese and French fried onions to top of casserole. Serve when cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 369 cal
- 25.9 g
- 18.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (92)Rate This Recipe
"I had to prepare a luncheon for 150 and used this recipe as one main dish. I doubled the recipe and used 5 crock pots.I grated and shredded the cheeses the day before and measured out zip lock bags fo..." See morer each crock pot. That morning it only took a few minutes to assemble the ingredients and cook the spaghetti. I had more compliments on this dish than on anything else I've ever served. I've another event for this group in April and I've benn asked to "please, please, please include that spaghetti thing in the crock pot.""
"I had to modify this a bit.I added tomatoes and used yellow onion rather than fried.I also added extra garlic and used less cheese.It came out much better.Will make it again...." See more"
"This was great comfort food. I took the advice of others and didn't add so much cheese even though cheese is my favorite food. I also added a can of cream of mushroom soup and 3/4 of the actual need..." See moreed sour cream. I only cooked it on high for 1 1/2 hours cause it did start to burn, but it gives it a nice little crunch. I will make this again and probably cook it on low and stir it occasionally to keep it from burning on the sides. I will also add more spinach cause I really like spinach. Thanks for the recipe- I LOVED it!!"
Red Bowl Spaghetti
Lemon Parmesan Spaghetti
Just swipe to see more like this.