Layered Spinach Mostaccioli35 Reviews
“A tasty change from lasagna! Also good with other cheeses, or cheese combinations.” - by Jo
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook mostaccioli until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine spaghetti sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and cooked and drained pasta.
- In a separate bowls place cooked spinach and shredded mozzarella cheese. Reserve 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese for top.
- To assemble, in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish layer half of the noodle mixture, spinach, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degree C) oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over top and bake until cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 462 cal
- 13.9 g
- 59.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (35)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe...." See more"
"Love anything with spinach, but this was a new and easier way to use it with Italian. I usually make a spinach lasagna, but this was way better and easier for my kids to eat...." See more"
"This is a very quick and easy-to-prepare meal that just about everyone will enjoy-the spinach gives it a 'florentine' Italian flair. The only thing that I would modify in the recipe is to add less spi..." See morenach..not everyone in my family liked all the spinach (I did though), but it is easy enough to pick out if need be. This recipe would also be really good with vegetarian sausage added...also makes great leftovers!"
Spinach Cheese Manicotti
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
Just swipe to see more like this.