Chicken Macaroni Salad12 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 4 hr
“A macaroni salad with a twist- chicken! You may need to adjust the amount of mayonnaise once it spends some time in the refrigerator.” - by purple
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then shred with two forks. Set aside 4 cups of shredded meat.
- In a medium pot with boiling salted water cook elbow macaroni until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together the cooked chicken, drained vegetables, shredded lettuce, and mayonnaise. Add basil, pepper, salt, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add drained elbow macaroni to chicken mixture. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 699 cal
- 54.4 g
- 21.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"My family really likes this mac salad!! The only thing I do different is I use corn instead of the mixed veggies, due to my husbands preference. I have made this several times (family holidays, work p..." See moreotlucks, and for dinner) and everyone seems to really enjoy it. I usually have to set some aside in a seperate dish just to have leftovers!!!"
"After a few changes this is a great "summer salad" to serve for dinner. First boil 2 lg chicken breasts until done in salted water. In same water cook the macaroni, during the last 2 minutes add 1 cu..." See morep of frozen peas. Drain macaroni & peas, rinse with cold water. Add less mayo (3/4 cup to taste) along with chopped celery, small cubes of cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, dry mustard, garlic salt. A bit of crumbled bacon is good, too. It can even be topped with chopped egg and papricka. "
"l made this for our dinner. But l made a little change l didn't put only 1/2 cup of mayonise because we don't want lots of mayo and it turns out great. This is good one my husband like it. We had left..." See moreover hubby brought it to work as his brownbag. Quick easy meal especially this summer. Thank you for sharing this. This is a keeper one."
Easy and Fast Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad
Simple Southwestern Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.