Hamburger Cheese Bake52 Reviews
“A hearty traditional baked pasta dish. Try it with your favorite style of pasta and a loaf of crusty sourdough bread.” - by DONNA BARNES
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- In a large pot cook with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat cook ground beef and chopped onions until brown. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, softened cream cheese, green onion, and green bell pepper.
- To assemble, in a greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish spread half of the cooked and drained pasta. Top with half of the meat mixture. Cover with cheese mixture and remaining noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheat 350 degree F(175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 432 cal
- 23.5 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (52)Rate This Recipe
"Don't let the less-than-delicious name fool you, this is really good! The sauce is just "eh", so instead of this one, I use "world's best pasta sauce" from this site, cook the pasta, and mix with the..." See more cheeses, then pour the sauce over the top and bake. Everyone loves it!"
"This is my husband's favorite! I make this one everytime I go out of town because I know it will keep him from eating fast food everyday! He even loved to share it with his guy friends, they all rav..." See moreed. Thank You. UPDATE: I have made this a dozen times now and I make the following changes to the recipes. First, I use a 26 oz. jar of prepared tomato sauce (sometimes more depending on how thick the sauce ends up), I use the whole 16 oz. cottage cheese (small curd) container because I have never found it in 8 oz., I omit the bell pepper (not our favorite, sometimes I substitute a red bell pepper, but it is good without), and top the whole thing with a couple cups of shredded cheese (mozzarella or Italian mixture). This is very thick, rich and delicious."
"I gave it 5 stars, because, with a little adjusting, it will be perfect. Definately needs more sauce, and I think more hamburger, like a pound and a half. Also, I think the green pepper needs to coo..." See moreked with the hamburger and onion. Other than that, wow! what a great meal! Awesome flavor. And you can do many variations with it, adding your personal favorites....it's virtually impossible to screw this up!"
Three Cheese Baked Pasta
Double Cheese Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.